It was only after Hurricane Andrew hit Florida in 1992 that the state adopted an effective, statewide building code, and older houses in Florida are less likely to have this level of protection. Despite higher standards, some newer houses are not built as well as they should be.
Specifics On Straps
- The strap cannot have more than a half inch gap from the truss.
- Straps cannot have more than a 1/2" gap.
- Straps cannot have any corrosion or rust.
- 3 nails or more are required to be in clips and single wraps are required to have 2 nails in the face and one on the opposing side.
- Your home inspector will only give you credit for the weakest eisting strap or clip.
- Increased durability
- Potentially lower costs
Call us today at 1 (877) 659-8354 or send us an email for more information.